Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hanabi! (fireworks)

So, it is now firework season in Japan. Last night I went to the fireworks in Asakusa, which is one of the largest fireworks displays in the world. There were approximately 20,000 fireworks shot off in the hour and a half long display. Some of them were huge! (oh, that's another thing that's not smaller in Japan, fireworks) I talked to one of the Japanese people next to me, and he said that some of the fireworks weighed almost 300 kilos. That's just a little bit scary.


Anyways, we all dressed up in our yukata or traditional summer dress. I went with a bunch of people from level 3, which meant that their Japanese was often over my head, but it was fun anyway. They dumbed down their Japanese when they actually wanted to talk to me ^_^
Oh, Leona, these big white ones reminded me of you. They were so pretty, they looked like snow when they set off 5 or 6 of them at the same time. I miss all of you, but at least the fireworks are pretty. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment