Thursday, July 16, 2009

Karaoke, kabuki, and birthdays, oh my!

Sorry for the long absence, everyone! I've been working really hard at school to try to compensate for my lack of the appropriate vocabulary. There's a test today, but it's over the grammar which shouldn't be too bad.

As for socializing and exploring, let's see... on Sunday my class went to a kabuki play and during the beginning, we were allowed to take pictures, which was cool! We'll see if this works or not, but here's a clip from the first section:


Kabuki was a lot of fun! If any of you ever get the chance, make sure you go.

Thursday was my dorm friend, Amanda's birthday. We went out to eat and then we went to a karaoke bar. The food was delicious. We ate at a shabushabu place, where you basically cook as much food as you want as you go. The tables are equipped with a stove and a pot of boiling water. Anyway, we stuffed ourselves silly.



After that, we went to karaoke and had a blast. This is Jannice, Michelle, and Amanda (the birthday girl)

As for this weekend, I'm planning on climbing Mt. Fuji with a couple of other students from my class. It should be awesome fun. I'll be sure to give you guys a bunch of pictures on Sunday when I get back.

1 comment: