Monday, August 10, 2009

EARthquake... ? O.o

So, for the record, it's kinda hard to sleep through earthquakes :( 5:02 in the morning, and I can't fall back asleep... ok, earthquakes aren't quite so cool anymore... and I don't think the typhoon's gonna hit either... so sad :( goodbye Tropical Storm Etau... guess I still have to go to school today. Oh, and if anyone's curious, here's a pretty cool little site about Japanese earthquakes: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/00000000091.html they seem to put up the information within 15 minutes or so.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that site's really fast. The google-app I use apparently took 2 hours before it had registered that earthquake. That's a bummer you won't get to see the typhoon hit. My grandmother always said that watching a hurricane hit Florida was one of the most intense experiences of her life. Hope you have fun in class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Leah, you're getting it with a lot of rapid-fire disasters. Now I'm not so certain Japan isn't Sim City... watch out for Godzilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get your typhoon. I was in Korea during peak monsoon season and it was AWESOME! We even had one on my birthday. I loved it. Maybe you will get another typhoon later.

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete