Sunday, August 9, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Ok, that was cool! We just had the first big earthquake since I got here. Most everything on my desk fell over, and my cup of water spilled all over the floor. As it was dwindling, everyone peeked their heads out of their doors, and we exploded into a giggling fit ^_^ The people on the 4th floor say that they could see the tops of the other buildings just swaying back and fourth. So cool! ^_^ ok, back to studying... If I have time, there will be another post tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love earthquakes. Biggest one I ever experienced was the 6.8 in Seattle back in 2001. I was in class and when the room started shaking, the teacher just dove under his desk without saying a word. I don't think he told us to get under our tables for a good fifteen seconds, and by then it was pretty much over, haha. I've never actually seen a city in an earthquake, sounds like an exciting escapade in structural engineering goodness. I'm a bit jealous =P.

    ReplyDelete