Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer break! (I think they lied)

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Go away! You pesky little helicopters!!! There must be about 20 of them... and they're flying big circles around my dorm! And worst of all, I don't know why.... O.o

Anyway, aside from the things that are making it hard for me to study (A flock of helicopters is much much worse than one would imagine....) It's summer break!! Well, it was summer break. They gave us enough homework to make up for not having class though... So, this week, I've been studying, and taking my last chances to hang out with Robot and Monique (one of my classmates and his girlfriend... who's amazingly nice ^_^ ) they left on Thursday, so before they did, I had dinner with them and their landlord, who's really nice. His name is Kodama, and he speaks more english than most, and is ready and willing to correct you on bad Japanese! ^_^ yay! someone who's not afraid that you'll be mad if they tell you you're doing it wrong!

We went to the Sky aquarium in Roppongi tower (it's on the 52nd floor) my camera battery died so I don't have any pics from the outing, but Monique took some, so I'm trying to get her to email them to me... There were puffer fish, and sea horses (which are umi no uma in Japanese... literally sea horses... well I thought it was cool, at least) and turtles, and lots of jellyfish with lasers being projected through them for an awesome, psychedelic, rainbow, jellyfishy party!!

Anyway, there was a festival in Roppongi that day too... And we had to walk straight through it to get to the tower ^_^ Think of all the goodies of a carnival without any of the annoying rides or the funny smells... There were miniature ponies there, and goldfish games (one girl had a turtle that she won from the goldfish game) I really wanted to play, but I don't think my dorm manager would be too happy if I brought a goldfish home with me... They were so cute! As we walked through the crowd, there were two people in demon costumes! They looked really scary! And not like "boo! haha!" scary... more like "I will rip you to shreds!" scary!

Anyway, while I've been having fun, I really do need to get back to studying for my test on Monday... bai bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment