Monday, September 7, 2009

Michelle's B-day!

In celebration of Michelle's birthday, we all went out for lunch, and a HUGE dessert!



This is about half of the people who went... I couldn't manage to get them all to hold still for very long. From the left: Lori, Shelly, Amanda, Michelle (b-day girl), Jannice, and Terri. We were waiting at the restaurant.


I think it's called okonomiyaki? Anyway, it comes to the table still raw...


And then everyone at the table whines that they can't cook until Lori gives in...

And then you eat it, and it's delicious! It's basically a really odd omelet that has more veggies than egg, and that you have to cook yourself, at the table. ^_^ YUM!!!

After that, we went to Milky Way. A cafe-style place that sells over sized, overpriced desserts, and won't let you share... Anyway, this is a picture of Terry and Tom eating their yummies.

This was mine... Really really big! Chocolate icecream, bananas, mochi, whip cream, cookies, a dried cherry and frosting and shortbread cookie sandwich, two star shaped cookies, and chestnuts. Yummy but I only made it through about half of it. Too much!

====================================================
It's a bug line again!!




.






.






.






.






.






.






.






.






.I met the poor little guy on the subway, 6 stories underground. That was sure a silly way for him to go from one place to another. Anyway, right after I took this picture, he freaked out and started flying all around the car. Once he landed, I asked a Japanese guy what they were called, and apparently it's a "kamakiri" yay for me actually remembering a word in Japanese!

I felt sorry for him, so I caught him...


And brought him upstairs...

And outside to some nice foliage! Hope you're doing well, little guy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that dessert, the star shapes make it so... genki. Happy birthday, Michelle!

    I'm glad you rescued the poor little mantis, he looks happy to be safely somewhere green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeeeeew. he's on you, panda

    ReplyDelete